MASSAGE & THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
MASSAGE & THERAPEUTIC SERVICES
• Licensed Massage Therapy Services with more than 19 modalities to chose from. All LMT's are licenced and work independently.
• Medical Massage services for acute and chronic conditions for all populations
• Traditional & Asian healing traditions using Herbs, Oils, Reiki, Meditation, Sound Healing and more.
If you don’t see what you’re looking for, please ask if we provide it. If we do not provide it, we may know someone who does.
If you have something you would like to do in our community to make a difference, talk to us about collaborating, using our space, making donations, or lending a helping hand.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
- Massage relieves muscular restrictions, tightness, stiffness, and spasms.
- Massage activates the relaxation response, reducing stress.
- Massages increases dopamine levels, which leads to decreased stress levels and reduced depression.
- Superficial blood vessels become dilated as a result of reflex action.
- Massage reduces the respiration rate, as breathing slows down due to the activation of the relaxation response.
- Massage promotes evacuation of the colon by increasing peristaltic activity.
- Massage activates dormant capillary beds and recovers lymphatic fluids for filtration by the kidney, which, in turn, increases the frequency of urination and amount of urine produced.
- Human beings have a physical need for touch. Massage is a legitimate and healthy way to have that need met.
- Massage therapy can be a part of the recovery process for clients with addictions because it is effective for relieving stress during periods of chemical withdrawals.
- Massage increases skin temperature. Warming of the skin indicates a reduction of stress.
- Enhances general health, alleviates problem conditions, supports your fitness or sports program, combats the negative effects of aging, and relieves the effects of stress.
- Signature Kamyssage: Full body Swedish relaxation massage with hot stones, foot reflexology, aroma therapy and sound healing balancing ( this is specific to LMT# 6868 Kathryn Shaw (Kamy)
- Swedish: Full body relaxation massage
- Pregnancy & Postpartum: Side lying or pregnancy cushions to relieve aches and pains of pregnancy, birth and to realign the body
- Geriatric: For those 55 and older or who want a shorter and more gentle experience
- Hot Stone: To melt those muscles, enhance relaxation, and reduce stress (may not be used if contraindicated upon consult)
- Hot Pack: The alternative to hot stones with the same benefits. Instant hot packs can be added to any massage to enhance treatment or used as a heat modality maintaining a constant temperature.
- Aromatherapy: Can be added to any massage and will be tailored to your particular needs upon consult.
- Sound Vibration Balancing: A wonderful addition or stand alone therapy to bring you into balance by using singing bowls, chimes and tuning forks. Using neuroscience and blending sound waves to clear and balance your energy field and chakras.
- Lymphatic: A front line Lymphatic draining massage to drain lymph nodes and enhance immune system
- Detox Swedish: A full body Swedish with detox aromatherapy cream to nudge and push toxins out of the tissues and body systems
- Detox Lymphatic: Same as Lymphatic with detox aromatherapy added. Great for seasonal changes and allergy sufferers
- Sport Massage: Isolated massage for injured and overused muscles with polar cream finish and exercise/stretch recommendations
- Myofascial: Restricted soft tissue release using continual palpatory feedback, stimulates the stretch reflex of muscles and overlying fascia
- Neuromuscular or Muscle Energy: Osteopathic manipulation in which muscles are actively used with counterforce to increase range of motion
- Trigger point: The releasing of palpable muscle knots with direct pressure
- Positional Release: Use of trigger points with body manipulation to reduce pain
- Cranial sacral: Balancing of para /sympathetic systems and improvement of spinal bio-mechanics and a favorite of athletes.
- Reflexology: an alternative medicine involving the physical act of applying pressure to the feet, hands, or ears a system of zones and reflex areas that reflect an image of the body on the feet and hands, with the premise that such work effects a physical change to the body.
- Bach Remedies: Target the mental / emotional state of an individual, helping to clear negative emotions, mindsets, attitudes, and personality traits that not only impede the body’s ability to heal itself, but also create roadblocks to inner peace and happiness. Bach remedies are useful in dealing with stress, fear and anxiety, depression, anger and resentment, excessive worry, low self-esteem, guilt, and loneliness.
- Reiki: Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive.
- Chakra Clearing: Chakras are the 7 main energy centers of our bodies and regulate energy throughout our bodies. Clearing them promotes balance and well being in our minds, bodies, and spirits.
- Qi Gong Healing with Chakra Clearing: Is a rhythmic breathing technique originated in Japan that builds energy and is combined with specific visualization and focus to areas that need healing in combination with Chakra clearing or by itself.
- Neuro-muscular: a quasi-static pressure applied to the skin with the aim of stimulating specific areas of skeletal muscle. Often these areas of muscle are myofascial trigger points.
- Seated Massage: Is practiced fully clothed and targets those common stress zones of neck, shoulders, and back. It is a short quick pick me up and perfect for those who need a “reboot” during their busy schedule or those wheel chair bound, pregnant, or short on time.
- Herbal Healing: Is a traditional medicinal or folk medicine practice based on the use of plants and plant extracts getting us back to the Earth and in charge of our own health.
- Infant Massage: Is a way for you to gently nurture and spend time with your baby. Encourage interaction between you and your baby, help your baby relax and sleep, positively affect infant hormones that control stress, reduce crying, and is thought to encourage growth in premature babies.
- Aroma Touch Therapy Certified:The AromaTouch Technique is a simple yet powerful way to provide every individual with an essential oil experience
- doTERRA Oils:Please also visit body oils site for more information on the oils and their uses doTERRA oils
SERVICES BY APPOINTMENT
SERVICES BY APPOINTMENT
1/2 Hour Massage $35.00
1 Hour Massage $65.00
1 Hour Medical Massage $95.00
Each 1/2 Hour added $25
Visit the contact page to schedule your next appointment!
NURTURING LIFE GIVERS
NURTURING LIFE GIVERS
Doulas Attending Mothers Exceptionally
Doula means 'Mother the Mother'.
Professional and customized support to the mother-to-be. An ageless tradition common to all cultures.
Benefits of Doulas include:
25% decrease in the length of labor
50% decrease in cesarean section
30% decrease in the use of forceps and pain medications
40% decrease in the use of pitocin and induction
60% decrease in the use of epidurals
4 kinds of Doulas
P.L.A. (Professional Labor Assistant)
This doula tends to the mothers emotional and physical needs in labors but is also skilled and licensed to do a birth should it be indicated. This doula typically starts labor with the mother at home and then transfers to the birthing site with the family.
This is a doula in training as a midwife under supervision or a state licensed midwife able to do vitals and exams.
Help in preparing the expectant mother and family for your new arrival.
Physical comfort and relief to the mother while she labors
Hydrotherapy Advanced mental and physical relaxation techniques
The option to labor at home for as long as possible
Advocacy for the family to better understand what is happening
Sibling support and preparation for brothers and sisters
Lactation support and counseling 24/7
Postpartum support 24/7
Statistics show, women who birth with a doula present have:
More comfortable labors
More successful breast-feeding experience
40% TO 60% less interventions of epidural, cesarean, pitocin, and episiotomy
25% o 30% less use of forceps, vacuum, extractor, and narcotic use.
Specialized appointments to establish and build a solid working relationship.
Postpartum Support Doula
This doula tends to the after birth transitions and helps the family in the home with light housekeeping, breastfeeding support, and other odds and ends that may need to be dealt with.
Sibling Support Doula
This doula tends to the siblings needs if planning to attend an upcoming birth. Time is spent with the child to build trust. Birth videos, a coloring book and preparation activities are incorporated. The doula is there solely for the sibling and their needs. A great combination with the sibling preparation class.
The doula has had extensive training and is in the process of gaining their certification. Part of the course is to provide services for experience and feedback from the families they serve. This will help the, to perfect their skills at services families. They can provide all doula services accept P.L.A.
EOLA (End of Life Assistant) Doula
An End of Life Doula is similar to a labor and birth Doula only at the end stage of life. The role of the “Death Doula” is to help with the care and decisions leading up to the death of the client as well as the details of after death. Some of the things that will be learned are but not limited to:
Facilitating advanced directives
End of life healthcare planning
Navigating the health care system
Pain and symptom management
Attaining peaceful death with voluntary actions such as stopping treatment, voluntarily stopping to eat and drink, disconnecting life support treatments with physician support.
Interfacing with health professionals about compassionate, client-centered care for mindful death
Support and resources appropriate for the individual circumstances
Grief support and the cycle of emotions with loss
Discussing honestly ones wishes and helping those wishes be implemented and legally honored
How to facilitate aid in dying
Helping family and friends be effective advocates for the dying loved one
Burial options and religious supported choices for cremation, green burial and embalming
Celebrations of life ceremonies and live memorials